1. Tell me about yourself?
2. Why did you leave your last job?
3. What is your greatest weakness?
4. Why do you want to work as an accountant?
5. Why you chose your A Levels for Accounting?
6. What are the qualities that make for a good accountant?
7. How many invoices on average do you handle on a weekly/monthly basis?
8. What are the steps to take before you approve an invoice for payment?
9. Tell me about an invoice discrepancy you discovered and how you resolved it?
10. What are the steps you go through to check your accounting work before submitting it? Give an example of this?
11. Tell me about a time where you took the lead on an accounting project. What steps did you take to make sure that everybody remained focused on the goal?
12. Describe a time when you implemented a change in accounting protocol or procedure that provided a commercial benefit to the organization you were working in?
13. Have you ever been involved in an invoice dispute? How did you manage the problem?
14. Explain the accounts payable cycle?
15. What accounts payable applications are you familiar with?
16. Detail your responsibilities in accounts receivable?
17. What are the most important goals of accounts receivable?
18. What software applications have you used for accounts receivable?
19. What do you consider to be the biggest challenge facing the accounting profession today?
20. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the different accounting packages/systems you have used recently in your accountant jobs?
21. Give me examples of the accounting reports you have prepared?
22. What documents are required before verifying invoice? what is the process if the supplier passes an invoice for more amount?
23. What is difference between account payable and bills payable?
24. What is Reconciliation Statement?
25. Why does a company/business require an Accounts payable process?
26. What is the full form of the trem WIRE in wire payment ? Explain the process for making and receiving the payment through WIRE?
27. What is Component Level Default Processing?
28. What entry is recorded when $75.00 worth of supplies are purchased on account?
29. What items would you verify when processing an expense report /invoice for payment?
30. What type of account appear on a post closing trial balance?
31. In the invoice, the value of the tax code is not present but in the idoc the value of the tax code is present. How to populate it in the invoice using the IDOC?
32. Please explain end to end process of accounts payable?
33. What is a Work flow? And take Retail shop as example and explain the Work flow of the Retail shop?
34. What is the difference between Payments-Liquidation(Disbursements) & Dividend Warrants Liquidation?
35. What are the steps involved in finalization?
36. When setting up Purchase items for overhead expenses (G&A expenses) what expense GL account do you use, and what sales account GL do you use? Also, what are roll up accounts in the chart of accounts?
37. What is the Debit Balance recovery? How we can recover if we wont have any future transactions from supplier?
38. Which area of accounting are you strongest? Which area of accounting would you like to improve?
39. What is the meaning of TDS? How it is charged?
40. What is interest on Capital?
41. What is another name for a real account in accounting? is it a permanent account or a temporary account?
42. What is different between automatic Payments Batches and automatic payments?
43. What are steps to define supplier?
44. What steps would you take before making a payment?