1. Tell me about yourself?
2. Why did you leave your last job?
3. What are your career goals for Sales?
4. What is your greatest weakness?
5. What kind of salary are you looking for Sales?
6. Why do you think you would do well Sales?
7. What motivates you to do your best on the Sales?
8. How would you know you were successful on this Sales?
9. Do you think you are overqualified for Sales?
10. What do you think are the most important skills in succeeding in sales?
11. Sell me this pen?
12. How would you break in a new territory for an employer?
13. How many accounts do you like to handle at one time?
14. When do you find silence to be useful in selling?
15. What are the skills needed to be successful on the telephone?
16. How detailed are the sales reports you prepare?
17. Try to name three characteristics of a great salesman from your point of view.
18. What features and benefits of your product will you present to your customer and why?
19. If your task is to locate hundred potential customers on a new market and sell at least five products there, how will you proceed?
20. What is your technique to close the deal?
21. Do you know what is a cold call? If yes, what is from your point of view the primary intention of a cold call?
22. Would you prefer to be paid purely on commission bases, or to receive some fix every month?
23. Describe a time where a creative approach to meeting an objective didn’t work and what you did next?
24. What sales skills do you think are most important to having success in sales?
25. What are your top three open-ended questions for initial sales calls?
26. In your current sales environment, describe the process you go through to qualify your prospects?
27. What is the largest group you’ve presented to (externally/ internally)?
28. What do you like and dislike about presentations and why?
29. What do you see as the key issues in negotiating?
30. What do you see as the key skills in closing?
31. How would your present prospects and customers describe you as their sales representative?
32. Your worst performing sales executive has a personal crisis and needs significant time off – how would you support them?
33. What are some specific examples of previous sales experiences? What would you do the same? What would you do differently?
34. What is your understanding of this company’s sales cycle and how does it compare to what you’ve done in the past?
35. What’s your process for making a sale in your current or most recent sales position, from getting the lead all the way through to closing the deal?
36. What are your sales goals and how do your actual results compare to those goals?
37. What new markets could we address and how would you suggest we develop these markets?
38. How do you feel your experience would fit this sales job’s needs?
39. Describe how you have leveraged your creativity to be successful in winning new customers.
40. Describe a tough customer that you won over? How did you do it?
41. How have you kept your spirits up in the face of rejection?
42. If I worked with you would I consider you competitive? Why?
43. How would you last boss describe you? Can I ask him or her?
44. What kinds of sacrifices have you made to be successful? Explain.
45. How many cold calls do you make in a typical day?
46. What is your ratio of calls to closes?
47. How do you close tough customers? Walk me through some examples.
48. How do you develop relationships with tough customers?
49. Are you given leads or do you develop your own leads?
50. Describe some of your biggest prospecting successes?
51. Tell me about a time when your persistence paid on in a sales setting.
52. Do you follow a sales system? Please describe.
53. Describe your past 3 managers. What did you like or dislike about them?
54. How do you recover from making mistakes in front of customers? Provide examples?
55. What is your sales target and how is it established?
56. Describe a time your company did not deliver on its product or service and how you responded?
57. Describe one or two of the most difficult challenges and/ or rejections you’ve faced in the past and how you responded?
58. How many rejections do you take in a typical week?
59. How do you move forward from a string of rejections?
60. What would you say your one or two biggest failures or mistakes were? What did you learn from them?